This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Node.js Back-End Developer
We’re building something very special and for this we need very special developers who like a challenge. See www.xara.com for details.
Competitive salary, largely dependent on experience.
If you have the right skills and the determination to succeed, this is your opportunity to work on a product that will be used by millions of people, and to contribute to the most amazing web-based creative tool being developed today
Based in our German or UK office, or remote working. If remote then you must be within +/- 3 hours of UK time, and there will be occasional visits for face to face meetings with the rest of the team, many of whom are also remote workers.
Please do not apply if you are outside these time zones as your application will be ignored!
Our German office is in a spacious modern building in Berlin, the tech start-up hub of Germany.The UK office is at Gaddesden Place, Hemel Hempstead, (25 miles north of London), a country mansion (see Gaddesden Place), with snooker table and swimming pool.
Skills & Requirements
Candidates must possess the following experience and attributes:-
- An IT or Science Degree, or equivalent
- Solid commercial experience (3 years +) with:
- Server-side programming
- Linux configuration
- TDD and continuous integration
- NOSQL (Redis and MongoDB are required)
- A solid understanding of cloud deployment strategies and scalable architectures
- A desire to work on world-leading web software products
- Highly motivated, with a positive attitude to work and the ability to learn quickly
- Good trouble-shooting skills with the perseverance to solve problems
- Able to work productively, both autonomously and as part of a dynamic team
Desirable experience and attributes:-
- Commercial experience with high-volume scalable architectures
- Good knowledge of the most common web servers / load balancers (Apache, Nginx, HAProxy)
- Experience with ELK and Grafana
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Experience with Kubernetes
- An interest in online security