Engineering Manager - React/Django/Docker
SellerCrowd and our new site, Cohoot, are platforms for professionals to share info with each other anonymously. We're a profitable, 100% remote company. Our team of 11 people is 100% remote and distributed across four continents. 5 members of the team are developers, and we currently build the product using React and Django. We're looking for an engineering manager who loves leading a team and building great products.
A few of things you'll do with us...
- Provide structure, mentorship and guidance to our team of 5 remote developers. Connect with each person, understand what makes them tick, what’s important to them and how they can do their best work. Be a steady, encouraging, respected voice in the company.
- Help developers solve hard problems. Be available to answer questions quickly. Many of our developers are in the European time zone, so you should be able to be on during those hours.
- Build stuff! It’s important that you be hands on with the code. Know our stack well (React/Django/Docker) and make key architecture decisions with the team. Help developers solve hard problems.
- Care about business goals. Balance building great software with achieving the goals of the company. Remove bottlenecks and keep the team focused on delivering.
- Work with the product team to understand and contribute to the vision.
- Help identify and attract new talent to the development team.
Unfortunately, due to the need for this position to have some amount of overlap with all members of the team, we generally will not consider applicants further west than CST (GMT-6), nor further east than MST (GMT+3) without extenuating circumstances (e.g. moving in the near future).