This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
IPTV Software Engineer
Plexus TV is an end-to-end service that allows you to watch your TV anywhere through a bandwidth efficient IPTV stream. Plexus TV goes beyond the barriers of conventional television enabling yachts to watch live content with OmniAccess’ Broadbeam satellite link, including in-built capability to prioritize traffic and streaming quality. With Plexus TV there is no need to change the on-board AV network as it integrates with your existing systems, allowing you to handle the Plexus IPTV stream as just another input source.
OmniAccess developed a world-class video distribution platform for the superyachting environment. And now that platform is growing even more with live TV channels, VOD content, and any customized content. Plexus TV supports anything from SH, HD, all the way up to Ultra-HD/4K using less bandwidth than any other IPTV solution, as it is optimized for the Broadbeam VSAT link.
You would be working on building out the next generation of the OmniAccess’ video delivery solution, supporting new content integrations, and creating new products on top of it for the super-yachting segment, a unique opportunity to put your stamp, create the difference and have true technical ownership on the way content is delivered to the yachts.
Your key responsibility would be to lead the design, and implementation of the next generation OmniAccess’ video delivery solution (Plexus TV), including:
- Software design, specification, implementation and validation of the whole end-to-end solution
- Day-to-day engineering of large-scale distributed systems
- Implementation of best-practices on operational aspects of the solution
What you will do…
- Write E2 (elegant & efficient), well-documented, and reusable code
- Improve, modernize, and re-architect current Plexus TV video delivery solution; from the feature definition to the field trial and validation pilots, including both hardware platforms and distributed software systems
- Design and write software tests and acceptance criteria
- Write technical and code documentation for the next generation Plexus TV
- Work with the rest of the awesome OmniAccess development team
What we require from you…
- 3 to 5 years of experience (Senior profile) of designing and implementing scalable and highly available systems in the context of video streaming solutions (on demand and live)
- 3 to 5 years of experience (Senior profile) delivering live or on demand video at scale
- Systems integration and deployment experience in Video-based products for DVB systems and/or IPTV
- Experience of at least 3 years (Senior profile) in the OTT video streaming industry
- Technology passionate, excellence seeker, and capability to think out-of-the-box,
- Familiarity with video encoding and transport/streaming technologies (MPEG, H.264/5, HLS, Smooth streaming, DASH)
- Senior level – proficiency – in at least one of the following languages: Python, and Go
- Networking knowledge (e.g. TCP/IP, routing protocols, multicast) and IP video delivery
- Self-driven problem solver
What we would also like from you…
- Experience working with Git, Gitlab, and Agile-like software development methodologies
- Flexibility, willingness to learn new technologies, and having a propensity to use the right tool for the right job
- Experience with Unix or Unix like enviroments
- Experience in content provider API-based integration
- Capacity to identify technical challenges, and solid computer science fundamentals (data structures, data base models, software architecture, problem solving, and algorithm backgrounds)
- App development in both iOS and Android environments
- Coffee-lover and open-minded
What would you get from us?
- Work in a very friendly while demanding environment where you will learn about communications technology and services for maritime and yachting applications.
- Be part of a dynamic team always interested on improving customer service and employee satisfaction.
- Continuous training and possibilities for further growth as the company expands.
- Be part of an international team from different backgrounds that appreciates diversity.
How to apply?
Send us your cv to email@example.com