This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Software Engineer—Web Product Engineering
Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, has an opportunity for a Software Engineer with a diverse skill set to work in the Web Product Engineering department. The position will entail collaborating with multiple teams to produce projects of varying sizes and levels of complexity. The ideal candidate will have a talent for collaborative development in a small team and for working independently.
- Build and maintain the web applications for the Wolfram Cloud
- Write unit tests to prevent common regressions
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to test, debug, and release quality code updates
- Create technical documentation for applications
- Help with maintenance of legacy applications
- Various duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, physics or a related technical or quantitative field
- Strong experience with Spring MVC, Spring Data REST, Hibernate, Unit Testing, OAuth, AJAX, Mathematica, Git, ReactJS, and JIRA is desirable
- Must be familiar with creating and consuming REST Web Services
- Must have experience configuring and running Apache Tomcat or similar servlet containers
- Familiarity with Apache HTTPD web server is a plus
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to communicate clearly and to respond promptly
- Ability to collaborate with a team
- Ability to solve most problems independently
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Organized with good time management
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
Apply online at careers.wolfram.com.