Cloud- KPI Data Quality Engineer
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do exceptional things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Elastic’s Cloud product allows users to build new clusters or expand existing ones easily. This product is built on Docker-based orchestration system to easily deploy and manage multiple Elastic Clusters.
What You Will Do:
- Be the owner of data quality for our KPI and analytics data. Ensure that we're getting the data we need and that it's as error-free as possible.
- Troubleshoot problems with data and reports.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, analysts, and engineering teams to extract meaningful data from multiple sources
- Develop test strategies, create test plans, execute test cases both manually and then create automation to reduce regressions
- Be the point person for making sure that the raw data we use for our KPIs flows into our reporting systems.
- Test Elasticsearch models, queries and Kibana Visualizations. Use outlier detection and statistical methods to define and monitor valid data ranges
- Understand the Cloud business model and work with analysts to build presentations for executives and product owners
- Generate reports and/or data dumps based on requirements provided by stakeholders. Contribute to automation of these reports.
- Grow and share your interest in technical outreach (blog posts, tech papers, conference speaking, etc.)
What You Bring Along
- You are passionate about software that delivers quality data to stakeholders
- Experience testing models for SaaS KPIs such as user churn, trial conversion, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash
- Experience with Jupyter and Python libraries like Pandas and Numpy is a plus
- Ability to write queries for Elasticsearch and relational data stores such as Postgres DB
- Experience creating test plans for complex data analysis
- Basic understanding of statistics and data modeling
- A self-starter who has experience working across multiple technical teams and decision, makers
- You love working with a diverse, worldwide team in a distributed work environment
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.