This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Senior Software Developer - Scala/Spark
No inquiries from agencies, please.
Due to continued business growth this is a fantastic opportunity for a talented Scala and Apache Spark Developer to join our development team. You will be part of a fast-paced, innovative startup building and looking after critical systems leveraging best of breed technology across a variety of industries.
You will be joining a new team developing solutions for our customers using Scala, Apache Spark, Apache Cassandra, DataStax Enterprise and various other technologies.
We're looking for a full-time contract Senior Software Developer to join our core team who has significant experience in developing in Scala and Apache Spark.
This role involves working remotely with a team that is distributed across Europe. The candidate must be comfortable working remotely, and communicating over instant messenger, slack, video communications etc..
Location: Remote - EU Timezone
Duration: Contract, Long Term
- Work remotely with excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to use strong industry knowledge to relate to customer needs and dissolve customer concerns and high level of focus and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with good time management with ability to work remotely with diverse teams.
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of best of breed open source and commercial technologies
- Delivery experience within an agile environment using Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years experience as a Software Developer with strong experience in Apache Spark and Scala.
How to apply?
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org