This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Senior Product Manager - Data Visualisation - Kibana & Canvas
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We're looking to add a new node to the Elastic Product cluster as part of the Product Management team. At Elastic, we’re committed to providing the best user experience to our customers and open source community. One of the most meaningful and visible portions of the Elastic Stack is our user interface, Kibana. Kibana empowers millions of users to answer hard questions, with large data sets, at scale. To be successful in this role you will need to be a self starter, detail oriented, and have experience building out the front end of a modern application. You will need to be able to balance technical problem solving with product design and usability.
If you are passionate about end user experience, design and building simple solutions for complex problems we would love to talk to you!
The preferred location for this role is either AMER Central or East Coast or Western Europe; this is due to the distributed location of the relevant engineering teams.
Please note that submitting a portfolio website or attached work samples is a mandatory for consideration. Thank you for sharing some of your work with us!
What You Will Be Doing:
- You will work together with the Kibana Product Management team, engineering, customers and other internal stakeholders to position and grow adoption of Kibana. Your focus will primarily be in the areas of data exploration, visualization, and presentation.
- You will capture market competitive and trend data, customer and open source community feedback, usage data, and other key information to develop product insights and help drive the product roadmap at scale.
In addition you will:
- Build out net new features and products for the data presentation layer of Kibana, specifically in products like Kibana Canvas
- Capture feedback from the community and customer base to iterate on UIs that are core to the success of Kibana
- Work closely with our engineering and design teams to introduce new features, workflows and experiences to Kibana Discover, Visualize, and Dashboard
- Work with support, product marketing, and sales to ensure our UIs are properly supported, promoted, and utilized by the community
- Provide competitive insight into a variety of products and markets for both sales enablement and engineering awareness
What You Bring Along:
- You bring relevant experience as a Sr. Product Manager in a software business, having worked on a self-service data visualisation product.
- You are broadly knowledgeable of modern application design concepts, UI frameworks and technologies as well as big data analysis trends and techniques.
- You are curious about how and why our community and customers utilize and extend the capabilities of the Elastic Stack, specifically Kibana.
In addition, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or meaningful work experience in a technical discipline, for example as a Solutions Architect or a Sales Engineer in a software business.
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed, global team
- Excellent spoken and written English business-oriented and technical communication skills
- Product management with modern front end user interfaces.
- Open source software and/or commercial open source companies experience.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.