This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Senior Software Developer
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek — so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Our Web & Mobile division is looking for a candidate to join our fully remote development team. We are an international team of developers, testers and project managers split mostly between the US and Europe, and are looking to add another European-based developer to our team. All our developers work full stack to support products built in Rails and Angular. Our team works hard to constantly improve our codebase and our product. No code is ever perfect, but we try to get a bit closer every day.
While Rails experience is a plus, we believe that learning a new language is often the easiest part of a programmer’s job. We are looking for candidates with a proven history of working on a team, who have shipped production software, who have a passion for automated tests, have solved tough technical problems and are always working hard to expand their knowledge. As a fully remote team, we have a unique set of challenges, so experience working remotely is a plus.
We are looking for someone with enough experience to demonstrate their abilities, and who’s excited to work with our technical leaders to continue to grow and improve as a developer and team member.
- Demonstrate capability and have at least 4-6 years’ experience, ideally with Ruby on Rails and on ann enterprise SaaS product
- At least 6-8 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's or master's degree or university degree or equivalent
- Background in MVC Design and Architecture
- Worked with an application that has continuous deployment/integration testing/release processes
- Full stack web development experience
- Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Business intelligence and analytics
- Mobile app development
- Angular (or other Single Page Application frameworks)
- SQL database experience/knowledge
- Experience performing code reviews, enforcing coding standards, mentoring junior developers and managing technical resources within project schedules
- Experience designing with RSpec, TDD and CI environments
- Training and development opportunities
- A commitment to work/life balance
- Total Compensation Package including medical and dental benefits, retirement programs and more
- A company with values around innovation and contribution, uncompromising integrity, trust, respect and teamwork, speed, focus, and accountability
- The diversity of cultural and individual perspectives held by our employees and their commitment to inclusion