This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
- Who we are: We are a workforce on-demand company that heavily rely on tech. We integrate the complete process of selecting, hiring and managing employees, being the first in digitizing all the steps, introducing Artificial Intelligence solutions in multiple phases, obtaining faster and higher-quality service for our clients and great satisfaction and loyalty for our workers.
- Our Impact on Society: Our vision is to create a long-term job security condition for our workers while providing flexible solutions to our clients. We can do this by concatenating different short-term contracts and minimizing–or completely removing–their unemployed time. We want to remove the need for finding a job ever again.
- Engineering-Driven: We follow all best engineering practices adapted to provide the maximum value within our product. We automate all our daily work and processes as much as we can, letting us to focus on the real interesting problems we need to face. We are continuous learners always willing to add more talented team members to improve ourselves.
- Great Challenges for the Backend Team: Dealing with a service oriented architecture that support many different products to optimize each part of the recruitment process challenges each of us on a daily basis to improve companies KPIs. Solving complex product problems leads the team towards the mastery of software and domain design.
- Growth Overview: An annual growth of 170%, available in multiple countries: the UK, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, Colombia, France, and more are coming. HQ in Madrid with a second big presence in Barcelona and some remote workers in the UK, The Netherlands, and the USA. And finally, some of our great clients are Amazon, XPOLogistics, Cabify, Santander, Just Eat, etc.
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
You will be working in one of our product teams inside the Backend guild to design and implement real world staffing problems solutions in a Service Oriented Architecture platform.
Company KPIs drive the prioritization of features you will build using your well known software engineering best practices to deliver maintainable and scalable code on-time.
Requirements and Skills:
- 5+ years of software development experience, preferably web and API development. At least 2+ years of experience building Ruby/Ruby on Rails, customer-facing applications
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, understanding problems and looking for solutions out of the box
- A thirst for analyzing key business metrics & qualitative feedback
- A hands-on approach to understanding and tackling business challenges
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (inc. Scrum, Kanban, …) & working with a Design team
- BA/BS or higher in computer science or equivalent work experience
- You're a programming language polyglot and learn new languages and tools for fun and profit, but always choosing the right tool for the job (we like Ruby, Elixir, Python, Go, Scala, Rust, …)
- You know your way through Linux servers and app deployments
- Strong RDBMs knowledge (query analysis, database transactions, …) and some No-SQL experience (Redis).
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- You master git and the GitHub workflow, which we use extensively at jobandtalent
- Fluent in English
Offer in Short
- Ownership of projects with direct impact on the product.
- Salary in the 40k-60k range (wide range, depending on experience depending on experience).
- Transparent Equity package.
- Discount on Health insurance.
- A yearly budget for Conferences/meetup/self-learning.
- The opportunity to either work remotely or in our offices in Madrid and Barcelona.
- Free fruit, free coffee and free lunch on Fridays!
How to apply?
Send mail to: email@example.com