This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Full Stack Developer
Hopin (www.hopin.to) is a live video events platform that brings people together online. Our mission is to provide better connections for a better world through interactive and personal online events.
We’ve recently been funded by Seedcamp, Europe’s best early stage VC and are at an inflection point in regards to pace of growth. We’re currently in private beta with an over 5000+ waitlist and looking to scale really fast.
With significant early traction we're working towards building our in-house product & engineering team to be the heartbeat that drives the company forward. (Our aim is to be the fastest growing startup in Europe in 2020).
About the role:
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to work as part of the tech team and is comfortable making decisions that will ultimately contribute to the future direction of the business.
You will have the opportunity to work within a highly motivated and ambitious team of 6, reporting directly to the Head of Engineering.
The Head of Engineering should have:
- Solid Ruby on Rails experience and front-end experience
- 3+ years’ experience in software engineering
- A solid experience working in an agile development environment
- Polyglot and full-stack understanding of technology
- Passion for a clean and appropriately tested code
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
Other relevant skills:
- Strong background in technology selection & application design
- Strong understanding of different software development practices & infrastructure, and how each can help ship more value to customers, quicker
- High standards, and the pragmatism to understand when to apply them
- Happy to be hands-on whilst the engineering team grows (our stack is Ruby on Rails/React)
- Startup/new product experience
Extra bonus points for:
- Experience with WebRTC, Live Streaming or other related video technologies
- Willingness to consider managing a fully remote engineering team if decided
More about Hopin:
Hopin solves the problem with webinars and virtual events. Webinars are one-sided and passive; participants don’t interact with each—a critical component to learning. Unlike Zoom and other video conferencing tools, Hopin focuses on engagement and interaction between users (people-centric), not on screen-watching (powerpoint-centric).
With Hopin, organizers can build live video events with a Stage (for presentations to hundreds of thousands of people), Sessions (for group breakout discussions of up to ten people), and Networking (for one-on-one meetings).
A competitive starting salary for this role with opportunity to revisit constantly as we scale + equity.
We are currently a remote team, so are open to remote applications from all over the world. However, if you’re based in London you can work with the CEO at the Seedcamp office in the Google for Startups Campus in Shoreditch.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please reach out with your resume.
How to apply?
Send mail to: email@example.com