Customer Success Guru
Meet The Guru:
Resource Guru is a leading online team calendar and leave management app. We’re changing the way teams manage their time. We have customers from over 150 countries around the world including Apple, NASA, Uber, Ogilvy, Deloitte, Yahoo! and the NHS. They all trust Resource Guru to handle one of their most precious assets - their people’s time. Resource Guru was founded in 2011 in London and is backed by one of the world’s leading VCs, Index Ventures. Visit https://resourceguruapp.com for more.
We are a small, remote team with employees in the UK, Europe and South Africa. The successful candidate for this role can work remotely from anywhere in the European Economic Area. We live in Slack, have daily video standups and some of us like to meet up occasionally to work together from coworking spaces. We will also be happy to pay for coworking space near you if you need it. We’re a friendly team and like to think of ourselves as a family :)
We like our customers to smile when they think of Resource Guru :) We think of customer service as an opportunity to engage with our customers, and wherever possible convert them into brand advocates. Your main role is to make that happen. As well as supporting existing customers, you’ll be dealing with enquiries from potential customers too. You’ll usually be speaking to people via email, but you’ll also be hosting online demos and will occasionally need to jump on the phone.
You’ll help to troubleshoot any technical issues our customers face - whether they’re struggling to change their password, or they’ve reported a bug which needs investigating by our engineers. And because we’re a small startup, you may also be asked to help out in various other areas too.
We are looking for a radiator, not a drain. Someone who can empathise with others, is passionate about technology, is level headed and has a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Helping to manage the day-to-day customer service for Resource Guru (including billing, technical and general enquiries) and responding to tickets in a timely manner
- Conducting customer product demos online
- Testing new features and enhancements prior to release
- Helping to maintain and develop our Help Centre documentation
- There’s always lots to do when you work in a startup, so there’ll be plenty of other stuff to get your teeth stuck into!
What We’re Looking For
- An empathetic, conscientious and resourceful person with experience in customer service
- Someone with patience, an upbeat disposition and a good sense of humour who can turn disgruntled customers into happy ones
- A technically inquisitive and knowledgeable person who delights in helping others, can empathise with their issues and think laterally about how to replicate them
- A rigorous troubleshooter who wants to dig deep and get to know our product inside out
- Someone with meticulous attention to detail
- A clear, concise communicator who can keep it light and playful but knows when to be serious
- Someone with excellent English who understands technical jargon
- A positive, autonomous person who is familiar with, and enjoys, remote working
- Someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions when they are unsure or need help
These Would Be A Bonus:
- Experience of working in a startup environment
- Experience of working on a SaaS product
- Sales experience
What We’re Offering
- A full time position with a salary of £22-25k
- Stock options
- Work from anywhere within the European Economic Area
- 33 days paid holiday per year (including any public holidays)
- Day off on your birthday :)
- Flexible hours (we’re looking for someone who can work until 6pm UK time Mon-Fri, but if you prefer to start and finish later that’s no problem!)
- Monthly exercise contribution - but use it for anything you like
- Pension contribution
- Work for one of the UK’s most successful startups