This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Animalz is a content marketing agency that strives to create the best content on the web. We produce high-quality content and strategy that help companies—particularly B2B SaaS businesses—grow.
We are looking for content strategists to manage teams of customers and content managers.
About the position
If you love creating content strategy, managing people and using your knowledge and experience in content marketing to help develop others, this is the perfect position for you.
The Strategist role at Animalz is a strategic as well as people management position reporting to the VP of Ops.
Using your expertise in content marketing writing and strategy you will help your team produce high-quality content, SEO-based content strategy, and monthly performance reports for our customers. You will work with content managers who have varying levels of experience and, as a team lead, you will educate through both leadership and leading by example. You will also collaborate with other strategists and editors to define and share The Animalz Way of doing content.
Content Strategists at Animalz are expected to:
- review ideas and content calendars that content managers prepare for customers to improve upon the ideas and framing and to align them with customer goals
- review monthly content performance reports for accuracy and framing
- flag potential issues in customer accounts/relationships, removes obstacles, and help content managers come up with solutions proactively
- produce content strategy for select customers
- onboard new customers, which includes running kick-off calls and assisting content managers with monthly reporting calls
- optimize capacity across their team
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) remote position. Although we applaud and encourage pursuing your passion projects, we want to make it clear that this is NOT a freelance/part-time position you can do in tandem with other major professional endeavors
An ideal content strategist at Animalz
- has experience writing high-quality content in-house or at an agency and understands how to help others replicate that success.
- takes a performance-based as well as a creative approach to content and is an expert at balancing the two to create a successful piece of content
- has a holistic understanding of content marketing and can leverage the various facets (blog content, email, social, etc) to create a multi-pronged strategy for customers.
- is opinionated about content and can speak clearly and persuasively to their ideas on what makes good (and bad) content.
- is excited about managing people and helping them grow
- knows how to assist content managers with customer onboarding by offering support with strategy and article ideas
- can tie micro work back to macro goals and tell a story about results that helps content managers share their successes with all relevant stakeholders.
- Helps train team members in strategy and ideation, and contributes to our development resources
- 2+ years experience managing people
- 2+ years experience reporting on content using Google Analytics and creating posts optimized for search
- 2+ years experience using SEO tools like Ahrefs, SEMrush or similar
- 2+ years creating content strategies for customers or a brand, including tracking and reporting on its success
We're particularly interested if
- you have run your own agency/successful freelancing business
- you have experience managing a team
- you have created a content marketing strategy from scratch for multiple businesses (preferably in the SaaS/B2B sector), and/or have measurably improved upon existing strategies
- you have experience selling, up-selling and/or cross-selling customers on content marketing plans
We’re a remote team with a home base in NYC and team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of marketers, scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company.
- Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have regular overlap with Eastern Time business hours and can schedule overlap with Pacific Time business hours when needed for customer calls.
- Health insurance, covering 80% of the premium for medical and 99% for vision and dental
- 20 paid days off per year (including holidays)
- Unlimited sick and personal days
- Paid parental leave (up to 12 weeks for primary care providers and up to 6 weeks for secondary care providers)
- Monthly health and wellness stipend (for gym subscription or other physical activity)
- Monthly team lunch stipend to enjoy lunch with a friend or coworker
- Learning opportunities through internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences
What's it like to work at Animalz?
Join us for an hour-long webinar where we discuss careers, growth, and culture at Animalz. We'll make sure to leave time to answer all your questions.
Grab a seat here. We'd love to have you on a call!