This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Engineering Manager for Successful SAAS Business
Have you spent the last few years leading a software engineering team?
Are you ready to take the next step?
This is a fantastic opportunity to move into a well-established and growing company, with a great software development team that is ripe for more structure, processes and management.
As a driven and experienced Engineering Manager, you will lead a distributed team of 8 to 12 engineers and work closely with our CTO and product team. You will be responsible for the quality and delivery of the technology roadmap and your role will involve;
- Allocating work, managing workloads and throughput
- Clarifying specifications
- Providing technical guidance
- Managing code reviews and quality control processes
- Deploying product updates
- Supporting and mentoring the engineering team and generally creating a great team environment
- Adding more structure and process to the engineering team for optimal outcomes
You will also be involved with:
- Recruiting additional engineers (and possibly other roles)
- Assisting with design and architecture
Growth within our engineering team has made this role necessary and you will work closely with our CTO to quickly take over as much of the day-to-day management of the team as possible.
What we’re looking for:
- Several years of experience managing a development team
- Experience working remotely with a distributed team - our development team is entirely remote
- Strong problem-solving abilities with a high level of technical skills and knowledge. You must be proficient in the following technologies;
- .NET 4 & .NET Core
- Sql Server (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- Experience with AWS is highly valued
- Be prepared to dive into the details and get your hands dirty when needed
- An ability to introduce process and structure to our team to support growth
- A friendly and likeable personality with great communication skills
- Someone who takes pride in their work and the impact their company is making
The successful candidate will be part of the core leadership team, working directly with the founders as well as the engineering team. We work remotely but communicate constantly (slack), and we genuinely enjoy our work. We also hold regular team meetups in a different part of the world each time. As we’ve never needed outside investment, we always do what’s right for our customers and Power Diary in the long-term, and never for short-term gain to appease investors.
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we'd love you to apply!