Senior Back end developer in Europe
As a 100% flat company, we provide a working environment for everyone to contribute in their best way. You join the team in our Paris office, or in remote from your location in Europe for Cycloid.
As a full member of the BackEnd team, you will:
- Build new features, bring new ideas, to a great DevOps platform to build a bridge between Devs’ & Ops & tools.
- Develope in Go/Golang
- Test your own code: we believe you are the best person to do it !
- Review your peers, as well as they review your code, ensuring best practices and knowledge sharing
- Share some good times once every trimester at our headquarters in Paris to work all together on our strategy, roadmap, next features, … etc.
- Define your own goals, agenda and priorities
- Share your ideas and knowledge with others and be listened to, on every topic regarding the company, not only code.
You are :
- A passionate software engineer, (most important)
- With several years of experience crafting software (it is better)
- Having a broad experience in back-end development, HTTP and APIs
- Some experience with Go (preferably)
- Knowledge of distributed systems and simplicity, familiar with the UNIX philosophy, database such as MySQL, swagger …
- A big + : you understand Devops methodology or have worked as a DevOps.
- You are a great team player
- Have remote work experience (even if you can work in Paris office if you want to…)
- You have enough English skills to work remote with people across Europe
- No interest in managing others! Contribute, share and manage yourself is enough
If you can support us in getting things shipped, that you code well first time and in a timely manner - all the while maintaining a good communication (with great gif game), you will be truly welcomed !
- Broad knowledge on HTTP and APIs
- Keeping up to date with best practises and new technologies within Backend
- Good knowledge of git and Github (PR’s, issues, rebasing, cherry-picking etc)
- Ability to find the best GIFs and emoji for all situations
- Full English proficiency
- Full Remote proficiency
- Slack, Trello, Hangout full proficiency (no emails...it’s so 20th century !)
Nice to have:
- UNIX Philosophy, database such as MySQL, swagger,...
- E2E testing
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- More than English
Cycloid: The DevOps framework to simplify and speed up DevOps and cloud adoption.
The Cycloid Team develops cycloid.io: a DevOps framework including TerraCognita, StackCraft, a service catalogue, CI/CD container pipeline, logs centralisation and cost tracking.
We are 30 passionate people building a fantastic Teal organisation since 2015. Our product and DevOps team are already contributing to numerous IT services across Europe. We speed up our development thanks to a 4,5 M€ fundraising in 2019.
Cycloid is committed to having equal opportunities between men and women!
How to apply?
Feel free to send us:
Your CV, LinkedIn profile or portfolio to email@example.com
A link to your public repositories (share your best work with us !)
Recruitment process is following 3 steps:
Interview with Sara or Sophie from HR
Tech test reviewed by the team
Team Hangout meeting