This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
If there’s something that you can do in Ebury, it is growing professionally: thanks to our career path and our collaborative and cross-working team, every day is a new adventure. Get ready to take your career to the next level!
We are looking for an experienced, pragmatic, Front End developer to join our cross-functional team.
- You understand and value the benefits of a good user and developer experience.
- You understand the importance of communication. You use code reviews to improve yourself and to share your expertise with other members of the team.
- You enjoy bug fixing as much as building and developing new features. Every line of code that you ship is an opportunity to improve the user and developer experience.
- You can work undirected but know when to seek help.
- You enjoy working in a team. You are used to working with others such as QA, UX or DevOps, and are able to learn and share your knowledge with them.
About the team
- We are a newly formed remote-first team tasked with realigning a legacy application to a microservices architecture. We work primarily in GMT+/- 2 time zone.
- We work with an Agile methodology doing iterations of two weeks and delivery features using a release train process that happens every week.
- You will be working on the company’s end-user web application, delivering new features designed by our cutting-edge UX team.
- You will contribute to evolving legacy code on our brand-new front-end stack, based on a SPA pattern.
- You will have the chance to do some backend work, creating or updating endpoints in our API.
- Senior, or above, experience in professional front end software development
- Demonstrable experience with React or similar frameworks
- Demonstrable experience writing automated tests
- Solid knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Strong critical thinking skills and capacity to clearly communicate complex technical matters
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for good communication in a remote team
Nice to have
- Some exposure to a backend programming language like Python
- Experience with MVC web frameworks like Django
- Experience working in a financial environment
Want more reasons to join us?
- Work on remote-first teams, so you won’t miss on water cooler conversations
- You will work remotely, but you will never feel alone. Get introduced to others via Donuts
- Get ready to enjoy and become a crucial part of the project from day 1! With our remote-focused onboarding process
- Live wherever you want, but we look for stability. At this point in time, we are not open to digital nomads.
- Work autonomously.
- Keep 100% focused!